TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY
TCA ADMISSION PROCESS
Are you safety-minded, self-disciplined, and motivated to learn?
In selecting students for the Tankerman Career Academy, we look for individuals who exhibit the characteristics needed to be successful working as a tankerman.
TCA Admission Requirements:
At a minimum, you must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly
- Valid driver’s license
- No DUIs/DWIs in the past three years
- Pass a drug screen and physical
- Successful completion of one or two panel interviews
- Have or be qualified to receive a valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Eligible to receive a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner credential (MMC) upon completion of the training
Criminal Background Checks
As part of the admission process, Petroleum Service Corporation will conduct a criminal background check on all applicants. There are a number of felony convictions that would disqualify a person from receiving a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) and/or a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC), which are both required to work as a tankerman.
Click below to view more information regarding the TWIC requirements.
Click below to view information regarding the U.S. Coast Guard’s criminal record review process or call the National Maritime Helpdesk at 1-888-427-5662.
If you DO NOT meet the admission requirements,
visit our JOBS page to learn more about other career opportunities with Petroleum Service Corporation.