TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY
TCA ADMISSION PROCESS
Are you safety-minded, self-disciplined, and motivated to learn?
In selecting students for the Tankerman Career Academy, we look for individuals who exhibit the characteristics needed to be successful working as a tankerman.
TCA Admission Requirements:
At a minimum, you must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly
- Valid driver’s license
- No DUIs/DWIs in the past three years
- Pass a drug screen and physical
- Successful completion of one or two panel interviews
- Have or be qualified to receive a valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Eligible to receive a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner credential (MMC) upon completion of the training
The Tankerman Career Academy is a tuition-based training program. Applicants must have a letter of pre-approval from a financial institution for a loan covering the tuition fee, or verification of available funds in order to be considered for admission. Please go to Step 2 Tuition Information for more details.
Criminal Background Checks
As part of the admission process, PSC Group will conduct a criminal background check on all applicants. There are a number of felony convictions that would disqualify a person from receiving a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) and/or a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC), which are both required to work as a tankerman.
Click below to view information regarding the U.S. Coast Guard’s criminal record review process or call the National Maritime Helpdesk at 1-888-427-5662.
If you DO NOT meet the admission requirements,
visit our jobs website to learn more about other career opportunities with PSC Group.